Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Visit With the Fox - Wednesday Wanderings and the Shops Found Along the Way

You may remember the fox that visited my yard and all the great pictures -- he was such a friendly fox! Well, he visited my yard again but didn't stay around long enough for me to grab my camera. And then my neighbor tells me that she saw him one early morning in a front yard down the street!


So, I've got foxes in my mind -- and thought that would make a delightful theme for my shopping day on Etsy. Join me as I wander around looking for fox tracks...



I love. this. pillow.  It is so sweet and the hand embroidery is done so well -- I love the shading. He's all curled up sleeping in his den! You really must visit this shop -- she's got other pillows that are equally as cute -- all very simple and sweet. Hand Embroidered Fox Pillow by Early Bird Special.



Remember Know about those fox stoles that were real foxes biting their tails while around your neck? Long before anybody ever gave a thought about endangering any species. Well, here's an environmentally friendly (not to mention fox-friendly) way to wear that fox around your neck! Foxy Scarf by Silly Hilli. Some cute (and some slightly scary) Raggedy Ann dolls in her shop too! :)


Look at this little guy - he looks like "my" fox! I love his ears! His name is Ran-free, the Swift fox. But apparently he is rather lazy and likes to lay around and read books about rabbits best... ;-) He has some more foxy friends in his shop -- very cute. Ran-free Felted Swift Fox by Furritales.


A fox pair that are really sweet Waldorf inspired toys, but they are so sleek and beautiful, they would be lovely on a table in the living room! Or in a little shadow box. Perfect. Meet some more animals in this shop -- there's a horse living there that I really like! Wooden Fox Pair by Heartwood Creations.


OK, I found one!  But they're not doing that to MY fox!! Can you imagine having this hanging around your neck? Yikes! But, it's a great vintage find from the 40s or 50s, maybe even 30s! Mink Tails (Fox Tails) by Mary's Baby Girl. There's more non-foxy vintage in this shop -- some really nice pieces!

Thanks for following the foxy footprints with me! Meet me back here next week for some more fun shopping!

3 comments:

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Hi Sarah, I love that fox embroidered pillow - very nice!!

Jane x

SarahBeth said...

Thanks Jane, me too!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

HI Sarah --- great fox items! I too am working on a fox doll design -- I think it's the new trendy woodland creature...hopefully my owls will still be popular!

Thanks for visiting my way!
:)maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails