Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lady Love Bugs


love bugs

Did you catch ladybugs when you were a kid? How about love bugs? 


Ladybugs are the ones with red wings and black spots -- as in Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home..... and love bugs are the ones that are *stuck together* if you know what I mean.

I remember catching love bugs but I was one of the nice kids who didn't pull them apart... yeah sure, you say -- but it's true! I had no idea why they were stuck together, just that they were! I wonder if I ever asked my mom why they were like that -- and even better, I wonder what she answered if I did!

Anyway, with Valentine's Day right around the corner, and those love bugs madly dashing about with their girlfriends or handsome beaus, I have made a little crochet buggie to remember the day.

She's actually a Ladybug, but because of her special heart spots, she's also a Love Bug!



Here she is waiting for her special love beau to come along...
She thinks the birdhouses on the chair will attract him : )



She has rather buggy (get it?) eyes, 
to keep the little ones safe when they play



She even has her own cute bag to sleep in!
Her own ladybug cousins and some butterfly friends are on the bag,
and it says "Girl Bugs" all over it!
Miss Lady Love Bug likes it very much!

 PS -- she resides in my Etsy shop and does hope that she will soon find a little friend to fly home to!


sharing Miss Lady Love Bug over at Miss Jenny's for Alphabe-Thursday where we are studying the letter L


♥♥

16 comments:

Rose Clearfield said...

She's too adorable! Great job with the product shots of her.

Natashalh said...

Very cute! I love the heart spots.

Memories for Life said...

You crack me up with your "love bug" talk! I can only image what you mother would have said :)
Your little love bug in your shop is adorable...love her heart spots!

Duni said...

I love little miss lady bug and the bag is perfect!

Judie said...

Here in Georgia, love bugs are totally different from lady bugs, and occasionally their bites can make you sick. I love lady bugs, though--especially yours!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so adorable and well done ~ Great for Valentine's Day ~ artmusedog ^_^

www.acreativeharbor.com

21 Wits said...

I like these! How adorable. I grew up with those pretty little lady bugs that were really red with black dots and we'd fight to save their lives. Now that I'm grown up, they seem to be gone, and to replace them are the faded red, more like orange with black dots, they go by several other names, and they do bite!

Lola said...

Superb for Valentine's Day!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

That is absolutely one of the cutest things I've ever seen...

fredamans said...

Lady Lovebug is lovely!!!

Kathleen said...

Cute - love her heart spots!

Splendid Little Stars said...

and she is so cute!

EG CameraGirl said...

Adorable!

storybeader said...

I don't ever remember seeing or hearing about love bugs. Your ladybug is adorable!. {:-D

Unknown said...

I just love ladybugs -- I have them everywhere -- especially in the bathroom. Had pink ones on my wedding cake! Love your ladybug!

Jenny said...

Your little crochet buggie looks adorable...

I used to love catching lady bugs when I was a little kid!

Thanks for linking to the letter "L".

A+

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails