Monday, February 1, 2010

Six More Weeks of Winter!!

Personally, I was hoping for Spring!

Here are some fun Punxsutawney Phil facts from the official website. Apparently Phil has been making predictions for 120 years (the same Phil) so he's pretty experienced in weather forecasting. We can count on Phil!!

While browsing Etsy, I found these cute groundhog goodies and had to share! There's a link to each shop, plus if you click on the photos, you will go straight to that listing.



Isn't this just the cutest groundhog you've ever seen? He's so chubby and adorable! (Punxsutawney Phil is so jealous) He is designed and crocheted by the artist. Check out the moonscreations shop and see the other wonderful amigurumi animals -- and particularly Moon Bun (just the sweetest bunny ever!) who apparently likes to play dress-up on occasion.



Since I love to embroider (but haven't in forever) this little groundhog caught my eye. Sara of The Split Stitch sells her patterns which are made from her own artwork -- and let me tell you, she is very talented! I really love one called "Bird Lullaby" with the mama bird singing to her babes; so sweet. And she's got a design for all you football fans .........

(insert GO SAINTS here -- that's me saying that...)

........that would be really cute embroidered on a little boy's overalls. Well, maybe not the spilled beer or the mug, but you get what I mean!



And this one from Laura at ClayCreationsbyLaura just kills me! I guess since Phil saw his shadow and there's 6 more weeks of winter, he'll be hitch-hiking to Florida. If you see him, give the little guy a ride -- his little legs are pretty short and he's really not too used to the highway!

Laura's shop is full of the cutest clay figures -- families, birthdays, all kinds of animals (love the elephants!) and dogs -- I told myself, "self, must remember the pug for a certain granddaughter!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ So, please check out these fabulous shops for some terrific handmade goodies! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

By the way, this is the kickoff of a weekly feature I'm starting called "Wednesday Wanderings, and the Shops Found Along the Way". OK, I know this is not Wednesday, but I didn't think Phil would wait that long to appear! I thought it would be fun to blog about whatever pops into my head and then find Etsy shops to tie in with the theme. Sort of a themed maze, puzzle, shopping trip. Should be fun -- so please plan to join me on Wednesdays!!

1 comment:

D.E. said...

Cute post and lovely blog. DE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails