Friday, May 7, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award!!

What a nice surprise! Jane of Groovy Pumpkin (or as I now like to call her, Groovy Jane) has presented me with a Kreativ Blogger Award! I am so very honored.


And how fun is this?!!  I'm to tell you 7 things about myself that you may not know and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers of my choosing.

So here goes, my skeletons are jumping out of the closet!!

1.  When I was a child, I had an imaginary playmate named Moosie. He was a moose, but when I drew a picture of him, he looked like a monkey! I carried him around by the tail.

2. My middle name is Elizabeth and it has been a middle name for five generations -- my grandmother, my mother, me, my daughter, and now my granddaughter have all been Elizabeths.

 3. I have a 29 year old son who is an independent film producer. One of his films was at Sundance last year (it's really special if you get into Sundance!) and he met Robert Redford. Says Adam: "he's just a regular guy." He was just here at the Dallas Film Festival promoting screenings of his newest film, "Earthling" and is in Maryland now for a film festival there.

 4. I started crafting early -- when I was a child I loved to make my own paper dolls from those big pattern books, finding just the right clothes to fit. I "sewed" (and I use the term loosely) doll clothes and loved to make furniture for my doll house.

5.  My first "real" job was in New Orleans LA at the Federal Reserve Bank. I was in the Note Dept - a secured area with an armed guard at the door. One of my jobs was to count money to be burned!

6. My favorite TV shows are Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife, and V.  Can't miss them for anything. If I can't watch, I record! I also love all the CSIs and NCISs. I guess I just love the crime dramas! And then there's Big Bang Theory for comic relief (totally hysterical!).

7.  My first car was a used VW Beetle -- named him Penrod. Penrod had seat belts before seat belts were the norm.  The only problem was that they were basically twist-tied on with wire!! I wore them anyway and thought I was safe. Apparently, I was because once I went to sleep at the wheel and woke up to see a huge culvert ahead of me! I had the presence of mind to get back onto the shoulder of the highway. He also brought me safely through a horrible thunderstorm where the rain was so hard I couldn't see but a few feet in front and the highway's shoulder was very close to a bayou.  I guess Penrod had an angel on his hood.

And now -- drum roll, please -- the 7 wonderful bloggers that I'm sending this fab award to:

1. Cabin + Cub
2. If Toys Could Talk
3. Maureen Cracknell Handmade
4. Muna's Treasures
5. Pickles on Pizza
6. Stop and Smell the Lavender
7. Trail of Hearts

And, of course, there are so many others, but I could only pick seven! It was hard to do! (These are in alphabetical order because somebody had to be first and I wanted to be fair and even...)

Please do take a moment to visit each one -- this is definitely a great variety and fun to follow!

Thanks again, Groovy Jane, it was fun!! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine my surprise when I saw your post on my blog about this! I'm now going back to my blog and play that spoon guitar video! Cause that's how I feel right now! Thank you so much!

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Hello Sarah, so glad you like your award!! I loved hearing about your and especially your little car - you're a lucky girl!

I'll pop over to visit your 7 favourite blogs later, when I have a bit more time, and am looking forward to visiting them!

Take care, Groovy Jane xx

cabin + cub said...

Congrats on the award! And thanks for passing it along.. so sweet! Hope you have a happy weekend! ;)

Muna's Treasures said...

what a nice surprise! I will post mine tomorrow as I plan a Mother's Day post for today...but thank you so much and you certainly deserve the award yourself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails