Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Been Such a Long Time....But I'm Back Now!!

And one of my New Year's Resolutions is to blog more! I know, I know -- if I was really serious about that, I would have posted on New Year's Day to usher in the New Year!! But, hey, I do what I can!  : )

I did promise that I would post pics of the hat and fingerless gloves I made (just so you know that I actually do crochet from time to time!!)

This is Noli's new bomber hat -- we picked out the colors with Noli in mind and then I found those cool flower buttons which matched perfectly.


And Stephanie really likes her fingerless gloves -- I liked this pattern because the ribbing is crocheted onto the glove part -- not sewn on afterward like some patterns. So no seam!!


I have finished my latest quilt square for Love Quilts -- it's for Tylynn who loves the sun, moon, stars and rainbows! If you'd like to meet her, click here. Isn't she a cutie?

My next cross-stitch project is for a theme of inspirational words and phrases for quilts made for any child (as opposed to a certain child). Several quilts are made from these squares so there are unlimited sign-ups. If you like to cross-stitch and want to help out, please check out the site. New stitchers are always welcomed with open arms and open hearts. ♥♥

And to end, here's a pic of Noli, up close and personal!! 


See ya soon!!

4 comments:

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

Nice to hear from you!

I am doing mainly charity quilts now.I am very much loving it. I like to make a person smile :)

I really have gotten into stitchery/embroidery alot! I used to cross stitch but I do enjoy this as it goes a bit faster.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Hi Tonya! It's so gratifying to make things for others, isn't it!

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Hello Sarah,

Lovely cross stitch! I just read about the little girl, she's a real fighter, and so good to see that she'll probably recover from her illness.

Great to have you back!

Jane xx

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Thanks, Jane! It always amazes me how strong these kids are...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails