Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hearts Galore!

Holidays always seem to sneak up on you, don't they? I always have good intentions of making holiday items for my crochet shop, but as soon as I start thinking about it, the holiday is peeking around the corner at me! 

Now it's Valentine's Day that's peeking around that corner, and I'm busy making hearts!



  
Just finished up these three cuties....
Small, medium and large



In the past, these heart cookies have been successful,
but I'll be changing to a cotton yarn this year since I prefer making my foodies in cotton 
for less fuzzies!


These puffy hearts are cute and I have to share a couple of stories....



One red heart was a part of a marriage proposal.... helping to guide his love toward her ring. Is that one sweet guy, or what?!!




Then, a set of two hearts, one pink and one red, went to a little girl whose mom wrote to tell me that her daughter sleeps with one, and the other goes to school with her "to comfort her when she's anxious, overwhelmed or stressed." 


I love it when customers share with me! And I love it that my puffy hearts can bring smiles, happiness and comfort to others. 

Guess I'll be making more hearts today!


~ sharing my hearts on AlphabeThursday where we are studying the letter H


♥♥





21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hearts! You are a talented crochet artist!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I'm already thinking about Valentine's Day as well. The more hearts, the merrier!

EG CameraGirl said...

It's hard to believe Valentine's Day is just ahead...but it is!

Cathy Kennedy said...

I always wanted to learn how to crotchet and never learned. What sweet stories you shared!

Jim said...

I'm liking your 'strawberry' hearts. "Keep on keeping on" as they say.
Mom used to crochet. She made round and oval rugs out of discarded clothing, colorful rags.
..

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderfully creative valentine needle work ~ beautiful!

Happy New Year to you,
artmusedog and carol

Betty said...

Those hearts are so cute. I thought that was so sweet the way the little girl sleeps with one and takes one to school. Just today I was organizing my craft closet and came across my bag of crochet stuff. I've tried a few times to learn, but I need to find the right teacher. I need someone that will let me hold it and do it rather than watch them. I thought about tossing it and then decided to hold on to it a little while longer...just in case.

BeadedTail said...

I love those puffy hearts! I can't tell how big they are but they'd be cute pillows!

storybeader said...

those are sweet stories. Your crochet items are so cute, I can see why people love them. Look at me - case in point! {:-D

Gattina said...

Very appropriate for Valentine's day

Duni said...

I love your hearts, and the stories are very sweet :)

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Awwww, both of those stories are so sweet. I can't believe it's time to start thinking about Valentine's Day already, but here we are!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Your hearts are beautiful and I loved the sweet stories!

Kathleen said...

Awwww! what precious heart stories! They are really neat =)

Susan Anderson said...

I love that idea of little girl with a red heart and a pink heart to help her when she feels anxious.

=)

Sarah Leonard said...

Loving all the heart shaped loveliness - no matter what time of year it is :)

Unknown said...

All of your hearts are just beautiful!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Aww beautiful keep going with those love hearts - you're putting a whole lotta lovin' out there in the world at a time when we all need it!
Wren x

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sarah love all of your hearts and the stories were just precious! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sarah Beth, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at Share Your Cup this week.
hugs,
Jann

Splendid Little Stars said...

Your hearts are very sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails