Saturday, December 10, 2011

Angelic Pink at Christmastime



Most of my Christmas decorations are bright red, mostly fun in style. But this angel is an exception -- she's a lovely pale pink with golden lace wings. Her wings scare me whenever I put her out -- I'm so afraid they will get broken! I always put her on my buffet which is probably the safest place, as long as the 800 pound oil painting above her doesn't fall down!

Oh dear, I hope I haven't jinxed myself -- y'all cross your fingers!!



I made her sometime in the 80s when I was deep into ceramics. I remember cleaning the greenware and hoping against hope that I didn't break those wings! But she (and I) survived. She is done is an ivory with a pale pink wash and dry brushing on her lacy dress, and her wings are an ivory wash. She glistens with a bit of subtle glitter over her dress and wings.


She's actually a candle holder. Sometimes I put a candle in her holder, but I really prefer her just as a lovely and delicate angel.



Linking my pink lace angel up today over at this week's Pink Saturday on How Sweet the Sound.

How Sweet the Sound
♥♥

5 comments:

Ann said...

She is so lovely for Chrismas. My fingers are crossed for sure.
Ann

Unknown said...

Sarah, she is so delicate & precious. I love her. I'd treat her with angelic fingers, too.

Merry Christmas
TTFN ~
Marydon

Judy Nolan said...

Sounds like you have many lovely memories associated with your pink angel! :-)

Rose Clearfield said...

She is really sweet!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your pink angel is gorgeous and beautifully presented. I have joined your followers list and would love to have you join me as well. Season's Greetings. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails