Friday, July 12, 2013

Strange Goings-On in the Backyard


Normally, there are seven who gather around the food dish in the mornings -- the two mamas and five kittens.


Chow time



Cali Mae realizes I'm watching


But yesterday was a bit different....

Cali Mae and three of the kittens didn't show up..... all day. 


The strange thing was that she kitten-napped all of Patio's kittens -- the two golden ones and the little black one.



Apparently, she left  her own kittens for Patio to babysit. 
But perhaps they can't tell who's who when they were all born at the same time.


I worried and fussed, and fussed and worried. All day. Darn those kitties for taking a piece of my heart.



But this morning, who should appear but Miss Cali Mae, along with one of the kittens she absconded with yesterday.



So now I worry about the other gold one, and especially the sweet little black one, because he is the smallest of the two litters.



Such a sweetie. My heart is breaking.




The gold and white one is back but not my sweet little black one



Trying to look big and panther-like
I hope it serves him well out in the wild.


It is my hope and my prayer that the two kittens stay together, and return soon.


I'm sharing my sweet outside kitties at


♥♥

16 comments:

Eyelah said...

awww. those are so cute. I'm sure they are fine! Perhaps they found something interesting to do or someone picked them up.

BeadedTail said...

I'm glad they showed back up and hope the little black one comes back too. They are all so cute! Looks like they know they have it good at your house so hopefully they stay home and don't leave again!

Unknown said...

If they don't come back -- let's hope it is because some kind soul has adopted them! Or that they have adopted some kind soul!

Natashalh said...

So cute! I hope the little wanderers return home.

Linda B said...

They're so adorable. I hope the explorers come home or found a new one.

Unknown said...

oh, now I'm worried. hopefully they'll be back, or someone took them in.
Debbi
-yankeeburrow

2justByou said...

Aaww...I hope they're OK. Such cuties!
~Kim

CJ Poindexter said...

I have to admit, they are adorable! I hope they all turn up.

pasqueflower said...

So cute! I hope the little black one is safe.

Sarah Leonard said...

Cutest kittens ever. They are totally gorgeous and I really hope your missing kitties show up.

Thanks for linking up!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

eileeninmd said...

Cute kittens, I hope they stay safe!

Snap said...

Kittens are so precious. I hope they all find good homes. Happy Critter Day.

Unknown said...

Cute kittens!

Heidi's Wanderings said...

They are so adorable. And it is so heartbreaking when some of the kittens disappear isn't it?

Heidi’s Wanderings

TexWisGirl said...

aww. hoping they're just learning their way and will return wiser and stronger.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Oh no! I hope they're returned by now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails