Monday, April 14, 2014

A Special Order of Blue

I've been working on a special order that I thought I'd share -- it's got lots of blues!

Several years ago, a lovely customer ordered some washcloths from me -- and then we were off and running! 



She wanted the washcloths in specific colors and, of course, all in cotton yarn. It turns out that she teaches in a preschool and these were for her young students to use to keep their hands and faces clean!



 Then she began to include other sizes -- 5x7 and 10x12 which turned out to be sets of napkins and placemats! What a clever idea!



 This recent order was for six colors of napkins and placemats -- and included blues! 



Light and dark turquoise, a cornflower blue (remember your crayons?), and a navy blue. Light green and purple too, but they aren't blue!



I love all the colors stacked up --



 a cotton rainbow!



♥ Join me for a cup of tea?



~ sharing over at Smiling Sally's for Blue Monday
~ and at Grandma's Briefs for GRAND Social


♥♥

16 comments:

Lina Gustina said...

Wow, love seeing those colorful knitted stuffs. So pretty.
You're so creative :)
Thanks for dropping by.

BeadedTail said...

What a great idea for those kids! They'll love the colors!

Natashalh said...

I love the colors! It's great you have a return customer who values your items and trusts using them with her young charges!

SmilingSally said...

Hello Sarah,

I think those are delightful colors. Thanks for sharing.

Have a Happy Blue Monday and an excellent Easter celebration!

joyh82 said...

Such pretty work and lovely shades of blue! Have a Happy Easter!

Hannah said...

I haven't used a crocheted washcloth, I'll have to try one. The cups of cocoa are so cute, they remind me of some made from beads in a Japanese beading book.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! Those cups of tea are adorable! And I love the rainbow of colors! I've wanted to make a face cloth and not just one for a dishcloth. You've been busy my friend! Hugs!

Marie said...

I love these kind of stuffs. Simply amazing! Especially the blue ones. ♥

I'm here for Blue Monday. Here's my Blue Monday post; Me as The Tour Guide

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Love, love, love the colours, especially the blues :)
Happy Blue Monday, Sarah!
Happy Easter from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Neesie said...

I'm amazed at all the different things you can crochet. Those cloths are fantastic and such a great idea.
I hope you had a Happy Blue Monday and I wish you and yours a wonderful Easter too ;D
xoxo

Unknown said...

I love them all -- and the way they look like a rainbow -- beautiful colors! The place mats are gorgeous made even prettier with the tea service!

Memories for Life said...

What fun! I love seeing all the colors stacked up together :)

Lisa @ Grandmas Briefs said...

Happy colors! Love it. And that cup tops it all off nicely. You are quite talented!

byTheArtBug said...

love all the pretty colorful stuff! You are so talented:)

pasqueflower said...

How colorful and cheery!! But what a lot of work!

Abby / Linda said...

Love all the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails