Friday, March 23, 2012

Yummy Cantaloupe

Do you like cantaloupe? I do! I love it at breakfast, as a snack, as dessert cut in half on the round and filled with vanilla ice cream. Totally decadent!



I had the most delicious cantaloupe recently -- its official name is Mag-Melon and is a product of Costa Rica. I had stopped by my local Farmer's Market and they had these beautiful melons displayed -- and a taste treat at the counter. I sampled..... and I bought!




So sweet and delicious, I went back for another one before they ran out! And took pictures this time! 




I can tell you I have NEVER had a cantaloupe as fantastic as this one. 
It's sweet and juicy and incredibly delicious.




Did I mention that it was delicious? I'm spoiled now. I don't know if I can love another cantaloupe quite as much.....


♥♥

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE cantaloupe too! I'll have to keep an eye out:)

Splendid Little Stars said...

oooo....love cantaloup! must look for Mag-Melons! Thanks for the heads-up!

BeadedTail said...

That looks so good! I don't like regular cantelope but I want to so bad! It smells fabulous and looks so yummy but I just haven't been able to like it. I do love other melons like honeydew so I'll have to give the Mag-Melon a try!

Kathleen said...

MMmmmmmmm! Looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing - must see if I can find one!

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Cantelope is one of my favorites!

storybeader said...

yes, cantaloupe is a favorite fruit of mine. Great for fruit salad or just by itself! Yours looks delicious. {:-D

Memories for Life said...

Mmmm...one of my favorite fruits! I can tell by the rich color that it must be extra tasty :)

Erika said...

This is one of my mom's favorite things to eat. I suddenly became allergic in my 20s which was really odd.

Erika
Artful Rising

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails