Thursday, December 6, 2012

Celtic Thunder, or Men in Kilts



One of my favorite groups to watch on our local PBS station is Celtic Thunder.  They sing beautifully, they are fun to watch.... and who can resist a man in a kilt!!



I want to share two YouTube videos of this amazing group -- one of their most fun songs... and one especially for Christmas.



This is "A Place in the Choir" and if you watch a bit, you'll see these guys dancing a jig! Here are the lyrics (and the chorus is the cutest part! -- "some just clap their hands or paws or anything they got")  Love it!

"A Place in the Choir"

Chorus]
All God's creatures got a place in the choir,
Some sing low and some sing higher,
Some sing out loud on the telephone wire,
Some just clap their hands or paws or anything they got.

[Repeat Chorus]

Well listen to the bass its the one on the bottom,
Where the bullfrog croaks and the hippopotamus,
moans and groans with a big to do,
And the old cow just goes moo.

The dogs and the cats, they take up the middle,
Where the honeybee hums and the cricket fiddles,
The donkey brays and the pony neighs,
And the old gray badger sighs.

[Chorus]

Listen to the top with the little birds singing,
And the melodies and the high notes ringing,
And the hoot-owl cries over everything,
And the blackbird disagrees.

Singing in the night time singing in the day,
And the little duck quacks and he's on his way,
And the otter hasn't got much to say,
And the porcupine talks to himself.

[Chorus]

Its a simple song living song everywhere,
By the ox and the fox and the grizzly bear,
The grumpy alligator and the hawk above,
The sly old weasel and the turtledove.


And, because it's the Christmas season, I thought I'd share "Silent Night," Celtic Thunder style. 



They sing it beautifully, first in Gaelic and then in English.



A few nights ago, also on our local PBS station, I watched Celtic Woman perform. Their voices are so pure and almost mystical. I even took a few photos of the TV screen!


Love the one who plays the violin -- even with all the dancing around she does, she never misses a note!
She frolics around that stage!



I thought this one came out pretty cool -- with all the moving around they do, the shot created its own overlay! Even with my action setting, it's hard to get a clear shot!


♥♥♥  Sharing on Alphabe-Thursday over at Miss Jenny's where we are studying the letter C!


Jenny Matlock


♥♥

18 comments:

Erin said...

I recognise one of those guys from Glee! :-) Thanks for posting - I loved listening to Celtic Thunder. Great voices and a bit of fun thrown in too!

Along These Lines ... said...

Have Celtic Women and Celtic Thunder ever got together? That would be neat.

Unknown said...

wow...I really enjoyed this..thank you. and I never expected the low bass to come from that young man. lol
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Cathy Kennedy said...

Having Irish blood flow through my veins then you're gonna know I just love celtic music period. Thanks for the introduction to Celtic Thunder. I'm gonna see if I can find a Christmas CD by them - love their voices. Of course, I'm already a huge fan of Celtic Woman so loved seeing them included in today's post. Great 'C' post!

Duni said...

I love Celtic Woman - they truly have beautiful voices and the one playing the violin is awesome!

The other group is new to me, but they are fantastic! What a great song!
Thanks for introducing them - I might get their CD :)

Also, I've been meaning to ask ...is little Bitty okay?

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love watching them too!

ImagesByCW | OceanDreamIllustration said...

Never heard of either of them before, but I watched your videos. Beautiful voices mixes with a little fun. Although I did miss the kilts ;)

This is my Alphabe- Thursday - for letter 'C' @ ImagesByCW is about Charleston

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love them. Thanks so much for sharing
Laura

Rose Clearfield said...

I love choral music! Thanks for sharing this gem with us.

Unknown said...

I have to say, they are pretty darn cute. I know the Scots dont wear underwear under there kilts. It just made me wonder if the celts do or dont. They sure are great entertainers!

Jim said...

I like Celtic music for a bit. Then it starts getting old to me. At Christmas time they outdo themselves.

I am sorry that I did not get back to read your "B" word post before today. I really do like the Beatles songs, still. Our daughter lives in London just around the corner from where Paul McCartney lives. I took a picture of down the street to his place, it has a big white board fence around it. But his gates are painted blue. I wish I had found time to go back and take a picture of the house and gates.

Our daughter and her daddy walk through the intersection where the Beatle record jacket picture was made two times a day. She goes to pre-kindergarten for morning and afternoon. They have a choice of crossing where the Beatles crossed or can cross on down at the next corner.
There is a WebCam on the Abbey Road Recording Studio, I watch it here:
Abbey Road Crossing WebCamn
They are six hours ahead of us so it is now almost five in the morning.

Jim's Alphabe-Thursday[2] posts
..

Catherine said...

Oh, how coool!

My brother lived in Dublin Ohio for a while, and he began wearing a kilt for Dublin Days. He's such a fun guy.

Thanks for a great post.

storybeader said...

I'll have to listen to them. They sure are attractive, whatever they're wearing! {:-D

Memories for Life said...

I love their accents! And who would have though the little guy had such a deep voice!

debra said...

What a wonderful C post! :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

lovely voices! I know A Place in the Choir from when my children were young.

Martin said...

I love music posts and celtic. Really amazing choice :) Hope you visit me and may like my blog about me and male fashion :) XOXO

www.look-scout.de

Jenny said...

I am always enchanted by Celtic music!

And...

...especially by cute men in kilts!

What a fun stop! I am going to queue up my celtic songs on my i-pod now!

Thanks for linking.

A+

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails