Thursday, September 27, 2012

Shirley Temple Curls


Haircut!

Noli asked, "who do I look like?"

"Shirley Temple,"  mom says

"Who's that?  Everyone says that."



So mom pulls up Wikipedia and Noli wanted to read it. 



According to mom, "She read the first paragraph in twenty minutes like an explorer hacking through the jungle with fierce determination. A lot of the words I helped her with, like "autobiographer" and "retire" -- they brought an adamant "I KNOW" when I tried to define them."


Do you remember Shirley Temple?

photo, business, show

and her curls?

We were in an antique store the other day and I saw a Shirley Temple doll -- dress in her red polka dot dress from "Stand Up and Cheer." I showed Noli and she said -- "I KNOW. I see her ALL THE TIME!"
Little smarty pants.....

I didn't have a Shirley Temple doll, but I had Shirley Temple paper dolls! I can remember carefully cutting out her frilly dresses. And I watched all her movies on TV after I was grown up -- and thoroughly enjoyed them!

I just might have to check out NetFlix and see if I can find her movies and watch them again.....


♥♥♥  Linking Shirley Temple and her curls over at Miss Jenny's for Alphabe-Thursday where we are studying the letter S.  Take a trip over and check out some more fun S stories!!

Jenny Matlock

♥♥



18 comments:

Monica said...

What BEAUTIFUL curls!

Anonymous said...

Awh!

Birgit said...

At university, I had a couple of postcards showing Shirley Temple in my folder. Quite a few people asked me if those photos show me as a child. I couldn't believe that nearly no one knew Shirley Temple...

Anyway, thanks for that lovely post!

Lmkazmierczak said...

Surely there was no better little actress at the time! Happy viewing your Netflix♫♪

Judie said...

What a cute little girl she was! And she went on to become a great woman who contributed so much to America.

Unknown said...

such a smart, and cute, little cookie you have there, :0)
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

carol l mckenna said...

She is just the cutest and smartest little thing ~ adorable ~ (A Creative Harbor

Thanks for coming by and commenting ~ ^_^

PS ~ Still have my Shirley Temple doll and Ginny dolls ~
showing my age ~ LOL ^_^

Rose Clearfield said...

Noli does have Shirley Temple hair! She's too adorable reading that article.

Memories for Life said...

She's such a doll...the looks and the personality :)
I bet Noli would love to watch a Shirley Temple movie!

Splendid Little Stars said...

so cute! and definitely a smarty pants!
I think I may have seen a Shirley Temple movie or 2, or at least parts of some. They might just be fun to watch now!

Jim said...

I had a crush on Shirley Temple, she was my idol, when I was young. I still have my old Shirley Temple scrap book. I DID NOT have a Shirley Temple doll.

It seems that now you have a 'Shirley Temple doll,' a little live one there. She's cute. And she does resemble S.T. very much.
..

Abby / Linda said...

I do remember Shirley! Your Noli is so like her!

ImagesByCW | OceanDreamIllustration said...

Oh yes, I do remember Shirley Temple! I used to watch her films as a kid and loved them. Maybe I'll check out Netflix, too :)

Saying 'hello' via Alphabe- Thursday - mine for letter 'S' @ ImagesByCW is about Sandy Hook & Seaside Park

Anonymous said...

I still adore Shirley Temple movies! Great curls.

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Hello Sarah, I love curls, and isn't Noli just adorable!?

Jane xx

BeadedTail said...

She's so cute reading that computer with those sweet curls! I've seen a few Shirley Temple movies but it's been forever ago.

Honey from the Bee said...

Love those curls!! She does look like Shirley. : )

Jenny said...

Oh.

My.

She is splendid.

What an adorable little girl.

And, of course, I remember Shirley Temple.

I'm old.

And I am still traumatized by my mom breaking my Shirley Temple "On the Good Ship Lollipop" record.

Sigh.

Thanks for superbly cute link this week.

A+

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails